Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Tool to Become Comfortable with the Habits of Blogging


Hi Larry, my bro'

You have a blog, but you haven't used it. It's burdensome to write two paragraphs of wisdom for each post.

It seems impossible that you would do this weekly or post daily. You don't want to pollute the channels with a lot of redundant filler. If you did, you know that people would not come back. You're too intelligent to do that.

How to leave behind these feelings and just start blogging? You know that you want to, that it's to your benefit.

Buzz is in my GMail because I turned it on. From it I'm learning to blog. I came across a good comment by this one who is in your professional area.

If you decide to take time, this is an engaging way to learn to blog. It's kind of like doodling on the piano. A lot it's about cultivating the ephemeral events of your day and sharing them, along with x-number of people of your choice doing the same. After reading each previous issue of the Atlantic Monthly, I shared an article which I thought particularly good.

Yesterday I got a follower from Ahmedabad, India.
There's a developer in Texas now in my GMail Chat and another
in Vancouver BC with whom I've spoken on the phone
has an interesting cloud software suite
generates discussions of Tesla, global warming, Ayn Rand, etc
There are two in China, one who offers a daily YouTube selection
these guys' Buzz is really refreshing with photos and architecture
they're not connected and I'm not familiar with either of their locations,
though I Wikipedia'd the cities

It all started when a Buzz user from India started following me on Buzz and I saw that I could learn from her. I think she's an IT student learning the technologies, really posting a lot of BBC-type stuff and the lovely Bollywood actresses, but in good taste. I commented to ask where she got a Flash image that I particularly like, then questions about AdSense, etc.

I started two blogs, a blog for my company with a theme of tech discoveries that I like and of course, company news -- and one for working through the Tagalog language book with my fellow-student, where I put some music, Philippine election news and such. I don't want to distract you with visits to these right now.

In order to learn, I put AdSense ads on one and also learned how to use AdWords, which I recommend for you to use so you will be there when someone searches like "counselor, Pasadena." You don't pay until they click, you set the amount you pay, the how-to is here

You can set your blog to go into Buzz automatically and you can blog via email.

If you want to get comfortable with creating your blog, give Buzz a try.